This is a collection of blogs that were segments of content that carried a similar theme, but were broken into individual posts.
Decision Making Album
- Decisions: The Pursuit of Options: A talk which I go over the challenges of technical decision making and tactics that can be applied to improve them.
- Power of Murphy’s Law: In this blog post, I share the power (the good and bad) of Murphy’s Law. We learn from failure, but we also don’t want to be blinded by it…like from this fire breathing unicorn.
- Novelty Trap: In this post, I share our appeal to novelty and how it can affect our technology choices. Recognize the power novelty brings to learning, but don’t allow it to mask the costs of a choice.
- Simple Email Process: A simple set of notes on how I consume email.
- Think Twice Before Emailing: A few guiding principles of what and when to send emails.
- Thank You Emails: A simple way of using email to thank and individual, and keeping their organizational leaders included.