Here are some of the guides I have built. These are intended to be concise so that they can be printed on a single page. I prefer to build these guides based on talks I have given, where they serve as basic set of notes that hopefully can further remind others of the content. Some of these are very simple, essentially just an image to help serve as a reminder of content.
Getting Started with Chaos Experiments
This guide includes a second page, to convert the guide into a paper airplane.
- Chaos Engineering: Book by Ali Basiri, Nora Jones, Aaron Blohowiak, Lorin Hochstein, Casey Rosenthal that gives great guidance on getting started with chaos engineering principles.
- Awesome Chaos Engineering: A curated list of chaos engineering resources.
- Release It! (2nd edition) - Design and Deploy Production-Ready Software: Book by Michael Nygard on stability patterns that improve resiliency in your software systems.
Decisions: The Pursuit of Options
- Thinking, Fast and Slow (Daniel Kahneman)
- Algorithms to Live By: The Computer Science of Human Decisions (Brian Christian, Tom Griffiths)
- Technical Decision Making (Cindy Sridharan)
- Harvard Business Review: Are You Solving the Right Problems?
- New Scientist: ‘Sleeping on it’ best for complex decisions
- Pocket Bias (Buster Benson)
- Documenting Architecture Decisions (Michael Nygard)
- 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know (Michael Nygard)
Cultivating a Positive Team Culture
Hitchiker’s Guide to Meetings
Hitchiker’s Guide to Meetings (add-ons)
Some proposed updates to the Hitchhiker’s Guide to Meetings, where logistical elements are included.